You may browse and access the vast majority of information contained in this website without providing any personal information.
We have software to track which pages are visited, to help us identify the most popular areas of our website. The information is aggregated and we cannott identify individual visitors.
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (for example, by completing a form), your information may be shared with RCA Forum members, but we will only use, store and disclose that information as may be permitted by the Privacy Act 2020 and Official Information Act 1982.
We use third party providers to store and process some information that we hold.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information that we hold is protected against loss, unauthorised access and disclosure or any other misuse in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020, including information stored or processed by our third-party providers.
When you subscribe to join our distribution list, your details will be added to a mailing list that is used to distribute e-newsletters.
The RCA Forum monitors the effectiveness of these newsletters using analytical tools offered by Campaign Monitor that collect the following information:
- Unique opens – the number and email addresses of subscribers that have opened the email.
- Email client usage – which email account (Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail) was used to open the email.
- Regions – where this email has been opened.
- Bounced – the number of emails that weren’t successful due to an inactive address, DNS failure, or if the recipient’s mailbox was full.
- Not opened – the number and email addresses of subscribers that didn’t open the email.
- Shares – the number of times the newsletter has been shared via email, Facebook or Twitter by subscriber.
- Most popular links – the most clicks on any links directing to other websites or information not contained in the email.
There is no ability to collect information beyond this, or to track the recipient outside of a specific e-newsletter. Once the recipient has closed the newsletter, no further information can be collected.
You have the right to request access to and correction of any personal information the RCA Forum holds about you. If you wish to do so, or if you have any concerns about personal information that we hold, please write to:
The RCA Forum Chair
Road Controlling Authorities Forum
C/- Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency
Private Bag 6995
Alternatively you can send an email to [email protected].